Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Songwriting, Brendan Kelly, and an Awesome Girl.

I am pleased to have read that the way i write my song lyrics is almost identical to the way Brendan Kelly of The Lawrence Arms/Falcon/Slapstick writes his. See http://badsandwichchronicles.blogspot.com/2010/12/more-self-important-bullshit.html This is pretty awesome for me, because Brendan Kelly is one of my musical idols. Probably the only one out of all of my musical idols that I want to write and play just like, or at least mimic in my writing to the point of writing as awesome as he does, incorporating metaphors and smart ass remarks in my songs, while still sounding sincere. The only thing that's not the same is the 4 track recording device, i wish i had one, so i could remember my songs better. If you've never heard The Lawrence Arms, fucking look them up, NOW. That band includes two of my musical idols.

Anywho. I would like to know why it's so freezing today, I would also like to know why, no matter how hard I try, I can't stop thinking about a certain girl. I guess it's because she's not evil, like most girls. This one is different.

Stay True.

xLOSERx

No comments:

Post a Comment